Beginning in September of 2020, the reconstruction of High and Church Street will begin.
Improvements will include:
- Full-depth roadway improvements-including drainage.
- New sidewalks and curbing.
- Pedestrian and intersection improvements.
- New street furnishings and landscaping.
- Improved signage.
- State of the art decorative lighting throughout the project area.
The project includes the reconstruction of:
- High Street from the intersection of Union Street to the intersection of Water Street; approximately 1,860 feet.
- Church Street from the intersection of Walnut Street to the intersection of School Street; approximately 820 feet.
- A segment of Union Street, for approximately 200 feet. The total length of the project is approximately 2,880 feet.
Construction activities will occur between the hours of 7:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Thursday. No work will be performed on weekends without prior approval from the Town. A minimum of 24 hours advanced notice will be distributed in advance of any planned construction activities.
While disruptions are inevitable, the project will be constructed and phased in such a manner as to minimize inconvenience to the businesses and residents.
Vehicular and pedestrian travel on the public way will be maintained during construction and access to doorways will be provided at all reasonable times. If so directed, temporary access walkways will be provided to ensure safe passage under all weather conditions.
- In the work zone, traffic delays are to be expected. Drivers may wish to seek alternated routes during construction hours.
- Roads and surfaces will be uneven at times. All motorists- and motorcyclists, especially- are advised to use caution while traveling through the work zone.
Construction updates can be found by visiting DowntownClintonMa.com.