DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
The Town of Clinton embraces and is strengthened by the unique and dynamic backgrounds of its community members. The Town believes in fostering and maintaining a safe and welcoming community, which is based on mutual respect for our residents, students, employees, businesses, and guests. The Town of Clinton will implement its commitment through its:
- Dedication to education and programming that reflects the unique diversity of our community, elevating the cultural awareness of all who live, work, and visit the Town.
- Commitment to provide inclusive and equitable access to all Town activities, facilities, programs, and resources.
- Commitment to and accountability for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our government.
- Maintenance of partnerships and positive relationships with all members of Clinton and its surrounding communities.
- Recognition of all aspects of human differences including, but not limited to: Race, color, ethnicity, language, immigration status, gender, gender identity, sexual preference or expression, age, ability, religion, and criminal history - all contributing to the richness of our community while empowering our community members.
The Town of Clinton stands and works for these values because it fosters a safer, more welcoming environment and better quality of life for members of the Clinton community.